Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ketchup


I have to play a little catch up here. And as the great Jack Bower would say, "THERE'S NO TIME!!" So I thought it appropriate that this soundtrack be given for this post.

I had a baby girl!! That's why it's been a while. It's been the best thing to ever happen to me, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I highly recommend it. At least, under the right circumstances.

So I'm an intern now too! I make moving things that people shoot at! That's been great.

I've also made a bit of progress on my projects, the one I'm specifically talking about here is my earbot. Mostly I've made some basic design ideas for the circuits to handle this. I want to be able to switch quite easily between finding transient sounds and taking in actual frequency content, as the end goal of this project is to be able to recognize not just the direction that the sound came from, but what object is making the sound. lofty? Yes. But that's what I want to do. So currently I have a microphone going into an amplifier going into an RC timer for transients, and then the amplifier also goes into a 10-bit ADC for some good ol fashioned DSP!

So just like the song ends abruptly, so does this blog post.

James

P.S. I will be back more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment